[Samba] Oplock problems with Office 97 and Windows 95 in Samba > 2.0.7

Hannu Virtanen hkv at ipso.fi
Fri Nov 22 08:17:00 GMT 2002

Marian,
Now i am sure that this is not working(oplocks=no; veto oplock
files=/*.doc/*.xls/) at all with Windows 95. No, there are "none" at oplocks
with file locks, when oplocks=no. But, when i put oplocks=no and strict
locking=yes, this seems to work(at this time, have to test more; i do not
know the performance with strict locking). With these settings Excel still
uses oplocks, Word approves "none" for oplocks. I can say this only for now,
because the problems are not happening all the time only periodically.