[Samba] NULL sessions - Listing shares anonymously - restrictanonymous

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Nov 22 04:26:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 15:22, Yannick Mercier wrote:
> Yes I have tried the newest alpha version
> it works for the restrict anonymous thing
> but unfortunately, a bug with it or with WinXP
> ( but I presume it is a bug in samba alpha because
> my WinXP box works perfectly with the old samba )
> makes that after authentication, when loading desktop settings
> my WinXP box reboots
>
> So I cant use this alpha version

As crh mentioned before, if your box reboots, it's not samba's fault.
No matter how hard we try, if your box reboots it's a bug in WinXP.
That said, if you can give us the details to pin this down, then we can
try and fix it (because we need WinXP to work as a client).  What is
special about your environment?  Exactly what causes the client to
reboot - grab a sniffer and figure out what the last packet sent was
etc.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org