[Samba] [homes] problem using SAMBA 2.2.7

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Nov 22 00:38:01 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 01:57, Joseph Formoso wrote:
> All,
>
> 	I just upgraded our SAMBA install from a very ancient version
> (2.0.something) to 2.2.7.  Everything is working properly, it seems,
> except for connecting to home directories on the server.  We have the
> default [homes] section in place in our smb.conf file:
>
> [homes]
>    comment = Home Directories
>    browseable = no
>    read only = no
>    create mode = 0750
>
> 	However, when I try to connect to my home directory using
> smbclient, I end up in the server's /var/tmp directory, which we have
> set up as SAMBA's [global] path.  With the ancient version, I ended up
> (as expected) in my home directory.
>
> 	Any idea where I should start looking for the cause of this
> behavior?

It looks like there might have been a change to the way the global
'path' is being handled.  Try either removing the 'path = ...' from
under [global] or put 'path =' in the [homes] share.  That will 'reset'
the parameter back to the default, which should make it point to the
home directory again.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org