[Samba] Samba as BDC in NT domain

Robert Adkins raa at impelind.com
Thu Nov 21 22:58:29 GMT 2002

Chris,

	I believe the issue is relating more to the SID (Security IDs) that are
also transferred for both user and computers. I don't believe that
dumping the NT SAM into a smbpasswd file would really do the trick as it
wouldn't include the SID information. (Unless I am seriously mistaken.)

	What you are suggesting sounds like it would work simply for creating a
Samba server within a Windows NT Domain that uses the domain controller
to pull its list of users and accounts.

	You would still need to create all of the groups in the *NIX/Linux/*BSD
groups file and set all the permissions on the drives. I am unfamiliar
with being able to dump the NT group information into a text file.

Regards,
Robert Adkins II
IT Manager/Buyer
Impel Industries, Inc.