[Samba] Samba as BDC in NT domain

Chris McKeever cgmckeever at prupref.com
Thu Nov 21 22:19:01 GMT 2002

I am trying to work out a work around for this...I have used PWDUMP to
extract the NT SAM into a smbpasswd file.

Theoretically..one could write a script that would then parse that file and
run useradd -u RID to create the local accounts....I have done it manually
and it works very well (there is some issue with the groups, but I guess
that is a secondary battle)

what I would like to do is just circumvemt the need for the local users and
pull the password from the smbpasswd...but as I write this I think the
reason samba needs a local account for local authentication is the groups..