[Samba] NT username/password export

Chris McKeever cgmckeever at prupref.com
Thu Nov 21 17:14:01 GMT 2002

Thanks for those utiltiies...I knew i saw them somewhere...I was successful
in creating a smbpasswd file using the pwdump utility..

Now here is my question (maybe someone know a work around):

If a username/password pair exists in the smbpasswd file...is there a way
that the corresponding username/UID pair does not need to exist in the
passwd file?  I guess what I am hoping for is a way samba can just
autheticate off of the smbpasswd file so I dont have to script out a useradd
based on that pwdump file.

Thanks
Chris