[Samba] PDC Problems...

Brett.Cook at students.dmu.ac.uk Brett.Cook at students.dmu.ac.uk
Thu Nov 21 14:33:00 GMT 2002

Hi all,

I've looked through the archives and I can't seem to find a solution, so
here's my problem.

I have three Win2k clients and one Samba server which I set up as a PDC
(or at least I thought so.)

The domain is "THEMOLE" yet when I try to join the domain from the
clients it says;

"The following error occured validaing the name "THEMOLE"

The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted."

I've included my smb.conf below and was just wondering if I've done
something stupidly wrong?

Thanks in advance.

---

My smb.conf is :

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = THEMOLE
	netbios name = TATTY
	netbios aliases = PDC
	server string = Samba Server %v
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	max log size = 50
	printcap name = lpstat
	domain logons = Yes
	os level = 64
	preferred master = True
	domain master = True
	dns proxy = No
	wins support = Yes
	preload = pdf-generator
	printing = cups

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	read only = No
	browseable = No

[printers]
	comment = All Printers
	path = /var/spool/samba
	create mask = 0700
	guest ok = Yes
	printable = Yes
	print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r   # using client side
printer drivers.
	browseable = No

[print$]
	path = /var/lib/samba/printers
	write list = @adm root

[pdf-generator]
	comment = PDF Generator (only valid users)
	path = /var/tmp
	printable = Yes
	print command = /usr/share/samba/scripts/print-pdf %s ~%u

[netlogon]
	path = /home/netlogon
	write list = root