[Samba] The Samba Team announces Samba 2.2.7 - security release

Nicholas Brealey nick at brealey.org
Thu Nov 21 00:02:01 GMT 2002

"Gerald (Jerry) Carter" wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Nicholas Brealey wrote:
>
> > "Gerald (Jerry) Carter" wrote:
> > >
> > > The source code can be downloaded from :
> > >
> > >     http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/
> > >

> > Is there a permissions problem on the samba-2.2.7.tar.gz.asc file?
> > I don't seem to be able to download it, although I can download
> > the samba-2.2.7.tar.bz2.asc file.
>
> It's fine.  Probably just hadn't gotten to the mirrors yet.

I just tried it again. I still have a problem downloading it
with netscape 4.79 but I can get it with wget.

Looking at the output of tcpdump for attempts to downlaod
samba-2.2.7.tar.gz.asc I see:

Content-Encoding:.gzip.

It looks like netscape is trying to gunzip the file and failing
because the file is not actually gz encoded.

Regards

Nick