[Samba] Samba 3.0 Alpha20 PDC: can't create local profile

Bob Hemedinger rhemedinger at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 21:02:00 GMT 2002

I am slowly getting this ldap pdc to work... just a
few more bullets to extract from my foot... (Warning:
I am new to ldap!)

I can add win2k (sp2) machines to my domain, but when
I attempt to logon to the workstation, I am getting
error messages that a temporary profile will be
created, followed by a failure to create to create the
temporary profile. The administrator account and a
test user account both exhibit this behavior.

I have been using the smbldap-useradd.pl script to
create my user accounts. What have I missed?

TIA!

BTW: Any idea when Alpha 21 will be posted?