[Samba] Linux workstation can't print to Samba printserver

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Wed Nov 20 15:21:01 GMT 2002

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 07:02:50AM -0800, Baxter Shepperson wrote:
>  I'm trying to configure a Linux workstation to print to my Samba
> printserver and can't figure out what I'm missing.  Both are running
> CUPS.  Windows clients print fine to the Samba box.  Any ideas?

Use the cups bsd wrapper tools from cups package. On a debian box(woody, sid)
you install "cupsys-bsd":

apt-cache show cupsys-bsd
[...]
Conflicts: lpr, lprng
 The Common UNIX Printing System (or CUPS(tm)) is a printing system and
 general replacement for lpd and the like.  It supports the Internet
 Printing Protocol (IPP), and has its own filtering driver model for
 handling various document types.
 .
 This package provides the BSD commands for interacting with CUPS.  It
 is provides separately to allow CUPS to coexist with other printing
 systems (to a small degree).
 .
[...]

--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de