[Samba] Win XP + Samba PDC ( problem )

Michael Sage michael.sage at pitman-norwich.co.uk
Wed Nov 20 13:51:02 GMT 2002

Daniel,

I am having the same problem as you, my XP machine will promote into the
domain every time, but I cannot get it to log into the domain.

The error I get is:

"Windows cannot connect to the domain, either because the domain controller
is down or is unavailable or because the computer account was not found.
Please try again later, if this message continues to appear contact your
systems administrator for assistance"

Any ideas? I assume because the computer was promoted into the domain the
computer account must exist and work properly.

Michael