[Samba] NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Wed Nov 20 13:47:01 GMT 2002

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 02:07:52PM +0000, Giuseppe Torelli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed samba 2.2.6. I've tried to connect
> from the Linux PC with samba to a PC with Window XP
> with smbclient -L //workgroup_name/PC_Window_XP_name
>
> It asks me the password, and then I receive the error as the subject.

You must use a Window XP local username and password, or if it is a running XP
Prof inside a windows domain a domain username and password.

The Window XP must authenticat the remote access against local userdatabase or
a domain database.

--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de