[Samba] Not able to see public shares on W2k from Linux

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Wed Nov 20 13:23:21 GMT 2002

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 02:05:16PM +0100, Jan Hohe wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I work with linux and SUSE 8.1 in a W2K PDC environment. I successfully
> configured Samba to be able to connect from the Wk2 computers to
> linux and vice versa with one exception:
> I'm not able to see the public shares of the window computers from linux
> (NetShareEnum failed, NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED)
> unless I provide a username and password. From Windows to Windows it's no
> problem

For windows there is no problem, because you are already authenicated against
the pdc. And for this call the windows maschine use the actual user and
passwd. At linux command line you have to setup this explicit.

[...]
> Anonymous login successful
> Domain=[NetBiosDomainName] OS=[Windows 5.0] Server=[Windows 2000 LAN
> Manager]
> session setup ok
> tconx ok
>
>         Sharename      Type      Comment
> NetShareEnum failed
> Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

The actual user/password pair isn't autheticatable against the pdc.

--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de