[Samba] Shared profiles under XP?

xfesty xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au
Wed Nov 20 11:53:01 GMT 2002

Hiya.

Is it possible to share profiles between different users with Samba
3.0CVS acting as a PDC, and XP Workstations?

All users are using the same profile share; the concept is that there's
an "Admin" user which can read/write to this, so I can setup things
such as Internet Explorer settings / Desktop/Start Menu items / color
scheme, etc..., and all other users only have read only access to this
share, yet use the same profile.

At the moment each user's trying to create its own profile, which isn't
what I want (and isn't possible, considering the fact its a read only
share).

If it makes any difference, I'm using jelmer's mysql module, and all
users are in the same unix group.

Cheers.

-- -
Ryan Verner <xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au>
PGP: 5819 DE5D B5AE 9381 7E60  5B4C 45CC 64DF D3CC EB07

ICQ: 76626240                   IRC: xf / irc.oublinet.net
  PH: +61 415 297 303             EQ: Mummer (Bard), Tholuxe

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.