[Samba] Hi!

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Wed Nov 20 11:42:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 11:03:09AM -0000, Michael Sage wrote:
> >>However I cannot 'promote' an NTx box (i.e Win 2k >>Pro, XP Pro) in the
> >> domain, I get the following error: "The remote >>procedure call failed".
> I am
> >> using version 2.2.6.
>
> >Have you setup the corresponding machine accounts?
>
> Yes, this is part of the process in the Samba Project Documentation, I am
> using the Samba HOWTO Collection for this solution / problem.
>
> I have tried both manual creation of the machine accounts and the
> "on-the-fly" methods.

Ok. Next step is to get more info about this part. Run your samba
server with higher debug level and take a look in the smbd.log of the samba
maschine.

--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de