[Samba] Domain / Server disappear from network neighbourhood

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Wed Nov 20 09:16:01 GMT 2002

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 10:02:14AM +0100, Michele Santucci wrote:
> Hello I attached my smb.conf as a reference but the problem is quite simple:
>
>     1) my server didn't show in the network neighbourhood
>     2) often the whole domain didn't show at all in the n.b. and if I try to
> access it directly (i.e. typing the domain name) I got a strange error
> ("cannot find the network path")

Does your client configured to use the samba server as wins server?
Your smb.conf is configured to do the wins service(wins support = Yes), so the
client has to use this service to get expectable results in n.b.

--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de