[Samba] Re: [Samba]

Stephen Kuhn stephen.kuhn at gmx.net
Wed Nov 20 09:02:00 GMT 2002

I have an RH 7.3 box running SAMBA for my local network. I have three
shares that actually "live" on VFAT partitions. I have gone through
everything over and over again and cannot seem to "write" to the shares
on the VFAT partition. I believe I did read in one post within the past
month that you can only "read" from VFAT and cannot "write" to VFAT
shares - is this, in fact, true, or have I mucked up my perms somewhere
somehow - or am I too tired and should I go to bed?

Being that I have to run both linux and XP on the same computer (sad,
but true), it would be nice to be able to write to the VFAT whilst
running SAMBA...but if not, well, all the more reason to dump M$...

TIA! Cheers!

--
Wed Nov 20 19:55:00 EST 2002