[Samba] Please no HTML email.

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Nov 20 02:01:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 jra at dp.samba.org wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> FYI, just a warning/note. I read my email on mutt from samba.org.
> When I get an html formatted email I just hit 'D' (delete) without
> looking at the contents. I think many other Samba Team members do
> the same.

I too suffer this motor coordination problem! My finger can NOT avoid the
'D' key when I see HTML in postings.

> If you send an urgent plea for help and it's html formatted then
> I doubt anyone in the Samba Team will ever see it.

For sure!

> html formatted email is 99.9% spam, and gets treated as such.
>
> Just thought that people might like to know that....

And while we are at making a point, please realise that we do understand
the pain you might feel, but by helping us to not feel it also you are
more likely to get the information you need. So remember, no HTML
postings.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra