[Samba] Help

David Ngu dngu at opusframing.ca
Tue Nov 19 22:59:33 GMT 2002

Hi everyone,

I'm using samba 2.07 under Redhat linux 7.1, and the linux server has an
internal IP addr. number.  I use Windows 98, XP as clients to connect to
samba and map drive;  Everything work fine, however, everytime the
internet is down then I can't logon to samba at all.  If the internet is
down and I restart the Windows machines to log on to the workgroup (samba)
then it gives me an error message as "No domain server was available to
validate your password.  You might not be able to access to some network
resources".

Is there a way that I can setup Samba to work in a LAN environment only
(not dependable on the DNS or Internet)?

David N.