[Samba] Yet another print-driver download problem...

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.sulinet.hu
Tue Nov 19 22:02:01 GMT 2002

Hi

 This is how I did it, maybe there are better solutions, but it worked for
me

>From a WinNT/2000/XP client log in as a root equivalent user, go to the
 Printers share of your Unix box right click the desired printer
 select properties->sharing ->printer drivers and check Win95/98/Me option.
 When asked about the drivers provide the correct location, and that's all.
 Before you start doing this check that you have /var/samba/drivers/WIN40
 (for 9x/Me drivers) , not just /var/samba/drivers/WIN32X86 (used for
 NT/2000/XP drivers)

 Good Luck

 Geza Gemes