[Samba] Any way for smbmount to ignore Read-Only attribs?

Jason Haar Jason.Haar at trimble.co.nz
Tue Nov 19 21:01:12 GMT 2002

We are mounting remote Win2K servers under Linux and rsync'ing them off to
remote rsync servers. Unfortunately the "--delete" option in rsync fails
regularly as some of the files/directories on the Win2K server are tagged
with the Read-Only DOS attribute (typically because the files were copied
off a CD-ROM). Rsync (and /bin/rm for that matter) therefore cannot delete
the file, and the rsync job fails.

I know there's a "setmode" option to smbclient that allows you to fix this,
but it doesn't support recursion or wildcards....

I guess I'd like a new smbmount option "ignore-attribs" :-)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417