[Samba] joining multiple domains

Benjamin Herbert herbert at isis.visi.com
Tue Nov 19 16:27:00 GMT 2002

I have a linux (RH 7.3) box running samba 2.2.5.  I'm using the box as a
print server for linux and windows nt workstations on DOMAIN1.  In my
smb.conf file I have 'workgroup=DOMAIN1' and 'security=domain'.  I
joined the DOMAIN1 and everything works fine.  Now we have added another
domain DOMAIN2 with win2k workstations.  I want these win2k workstations
to use the linux/samba box as its print server.  For these win2k
workstations to see the linux print server, the print server would also
have to join DOMAIN2.  Is this possible?  Can a samba server join more
than one domain?  If so, does the 'workgroup' entry in smb.conf play a
role.  Any information would be appreciated.

-Ben