[Samba] write access to shares on PDC faulty (samba 2.2.6)

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Tue Nov 19 07:20:01 GMT 2002

On your share unix directory must be valid unix permission set if not write
is not possible...
When your share is btw PUB and is on /home/samba/pub
then try change perm
chmod 777 /home/samba/pub
and then try create dir under PUB share on client.
PUB share must be set writable in smb.conf.

Best is create groups for users and set perm 775 but user logged to samba
must exist in group in linux...

Secondary problem is possible by your filesystem for share dir. If you use
fat problem with filenames is possible then try copy filename with 8.3 conv
and long names can not work...