[Samba] Attaching to Netware-Server

Jurzitza, Dieter JurzitzaD at Becker.de
Tue Nov 19 06:43:01 GMT 2002

Dear listmembers,
recently our sysadmin turned off the support for ipx-protocol. Since then I
found no way to mount my home-directory on the net (novell) on my linux box.
Using ipx, I had had the same servername etc) I found a lot of discussions
about the way vice versa, but no FM I could R to manage around this issue
(i.e. mounting a Netware volume on a linux box).
Anybody out there having an idea on how to do that? I tried using mount -t
smbfs, but I always get a messagt that my user would not be known. Hopefully
this is not "off topic".
Many thanks for your help in advance,

take care

Dieter Jurzitza

example:

myhost> smbclient '\\mainserver\mainpath' -U JurzitzaD
added interface ip=172.16.56.150 bcast=172.16.63.255 nmask=255.255.248.0
session request to MAINSERVER failed (Called name not present)
Password:
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Net Ware 5.0] Server=[Net Ware 5.0]
tree connect failed: ERRSRv - ERRinvnetname (invalid network name in tree
connect)
myhost>

HARMAN BECKER AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS

Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza