[Samba] Samba and Windows XP

Patrick Bennett Hagen junkmail at hcs.com
Tue Nov 19 05:34:01 GMT 2002

I have a domain user that lacks rights to the local machine to run RPC.
Under a real Win2k domain, I'd assign the "Domain Users" group to the local
machine "Administrators" group so I could avoid any registry, file system or
services rights (I don't care if they have full access to the local
machine).  When I do that I get an error: "Information returned from the
object picker for object "Domain Admins" was incomplete. The object will not
be processed"

I cranked up the verbosity in the log files and I get nothing.

Has anyone had and resolved the same problem?

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.  I've search hi and lo on Google (I
found one posting last year but he never got a reply and he hasn't replied
to an email I sent him).  Also, the Samba lists don't have anything as far
as I can tell...

Thanks,

Patrick