[Samba] Winbind and apache - help please

Daily, Shane sdaily at ciber.com
Tue Nov 19 03:22:00 GMT 2002

Greetings,

I'm attempting to use an NT PDC to authenticate users on restricted areas of
an apache website.

I have RedHat 8.0 with samba, winbind, mod_auth_pam, apache, etc.
Everything seems to be working fine with the following exception:  When I
change from  --require valid user-- to --require group "DOMAIN+GROUP
NAME"--, It appears that winbind is not able to recognize the user as a
member of the domain group. The error in the apache error log file mentions
that is unable to check the group file (no groups file?). When I type getent
group, I get a complete list of groups to include those on the NT domain.

I've gathered that the group file that apache is reading by default does not
contain the NT domain groups.  I'd like to not have to manually create a
group file for apache.

What gives?

Any help would be appreciated.

S. Daily