[Samba] admin user

mkraus at capitalholdings.com.au mkraus at capitalholdings.com.au
Tue Nov 19 01:37:00 GMT 2002

G'day Judy,

Samba is acting as instructed here. When you set a user as administrator
via smb.conf they have root priveleges, and have file access as such.

Set up user and group permissions appropriate on the shared directory
(under *nix) and remove the admin line in smb.conf file to grant more
explecit control.

Samba follows the user and group permissions on files and directories as
already set on the *nix filesystem. Does that make sense to you? (Let me
know if not.)

All the best...

Mike
---