[Samba] admin user

Judy Lin jyclin at hydra.acs.uci.edu
Tue Nov 19 01:19:01 GMT 2002

Hello.
  I am running samba 2.2.5 on Redhat 7.3.  I wanted to give a user1
administrative privileges, so in smb.conf, under [global], admin users =
user1.  When user1 is on a PC and creates a file in MSWord and saves it in
his directory, the default permissions aren't preserved for user1.
Instead, the owner of that file becomes root.  Is there any way I can set
samba so that the owner of the file is preserved as user1?  (Also, the
group that user1 is in isn't preserved in the file permissions either).
Thank you in advance.

Judy Lin
NACS-DCS