[Samba] Changing passwords under Win2K/WinXP

mkraus at capitalholdings.com.au mkraus at capitalholdings.com.au
Mon Nov 18 22:20:02 GMT 2002

G'day all...

Has anyone had any success in achieving the above, without requiring the
user to run smbpasswd on the samba server?

On the client machine (2000 or XP) when I press ctrl-alt-del and attempt
to change the password I get the error "The User name or old password is
incorrect..."

I need to keep things as simple as possible for my users, they're not
highly computer literate and like to keep things simple. Asking them to
telnet into a *nix box and run programs isn't in the picture. (Especially
when you've already had to push for *nix solution.)

FWIW, I'm running Samba 2.2.6 and can provide my smb.conf or excerpts upon
request.

Thanks heaps...

Mike
---