[Samba] Error joining ldap PDC (samba 3.0 alpha20)

Bob Hemedinger rhemedinger at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 21:45:01 GMT 2002

I am fairly new to ldap and finally have it up and
running. When I attempt to have a (win2k) machine join
the domain, I get an error message:

Logon failure, unknown user name or bad password

After looking at the log for the win2k machine, all I
can see is a problem with opening a pipe to netlogon
just before I get the error message on the
workstation.

my smb.conf looks like this:

[global]
workgroup = MYNET
netbios name = FURIES
server string = MYNET SAMBA PDC SERVER
passwd program = /usr/local/bin/smbldap-passwd.pl -o
%u
passwd chat = *new*password* %n\n *new*password* %n\n
*successfully*
passdb backend = ldapsam
unix password sync = yes
ldap suffix = dc=mynet,dc=com
ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=mynet,dc=com
ldap ssl = no
add user script = /usr/local/bin/smbldap-useradd.pl -m
-d /dev/null -g 1000 -s /bin/false %u
add machine script = /usr/local/bin/smbldap-useradd.pl
-w %m
domain logons = yes
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
os level = 34
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
local master = yes
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192

log level = 20
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log

[homes]