[Samba] (no subject)

John Benedetto jbenedet at unm.edu
Mon Nov 18 19:47:39 GMT 2002

--On Tuesday, November 19, 2002 12:48 AM +0530 pravin choubey
<pravinchaubey at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>    Does anyone have a simple login script which i can put in smb.conf for
> my samba server.I am installing samba first time and dont know perl.I
> copied one from book "Using samba" but it does not work. Thanks
> pravin

At its' simplest, a logon script is just a couple of "net use" lines, so
you can map drives automagically.

Instead, why not figure out why your perl script doesn't work.  First try
it at a command prompt on your Linux machine (with the appropriate command
line arguments, naturally).  That lets you narrow it down from the script
itself being broken, to how you have set up your smb.conf file.

You need to have the netlogon share created, with the proper root preexec
(& root postexec if you so desire) commands set up.

- john