[Samba] Want to keep local profiles on W2k

Andreas Grabner andreas at grabner-it.at
Mon Nov 18 19:24:01 GMT 2002

Hello,

I migrated a NT4 PDC to Samba 2.2.6, logon works fine, logon script too
but W2k now means the user is logging in the first time. All
preferences are gone.
When i open the box where i can see which profile is used i can see
something like the following:

DOMAIN/root          local
DOMAIN/unix_user17   local
DOMAIN/mail          local
DOMAIN/root,         local
DOMAIN/realuser      local   - while this is the new

It seems Windows was UNIX before ;-) or there is a "User ID" problem.
Switching back to NT4 PDC and all works ok.
I can´t solve this, i have tryed to copy (with the windows dialog box)
the local profile to my samba/profiles share with permission "everybody"
but that don´t work also.
Perhaps i know to less about Windows (and Samba :-( ). One week before i
don´t knew profiles exists.

Any hint ?
TIA
Andreas Grabner