[Samba] Spark Press Release

William Dever bill at sparkinteract.com
Mon Nov 18 17:41:00 GMT 2002

SPARK PRESS RELEASE :: One Year Of Interactive IP Video

SPARK CELEBRATES ONE YEAR OF IP VIDEO SERVICE

World's First Totally IP VIDEO Based Service

Indianapolis, Indiana - November 11th, 2002 -
While the telecommunications world heaved and
shrugged under a collapsing economy, small Indiana
based Spark
Interactive rolled out the world's first interactive video
IP
service in a suburb of Indianapolis, Indiana in November
of 2001. Today one year later Spark looks to the future
and to expanding its offering to more communities
across America.

" We were quiet, because frankly we were afraid of
making all our mistakes  in public " says Brian
Fatteicher, Chief Technology Officer of Spark " During
the first year we learnt alot, honed our skills and
perfected out product offering". Spark offers up to 200
interactive cable channels, video on demand, music on
demand, games on demand and high speed internet all
in one converged bundle.

Spark decided from the start to take the road less
travelled. It developed its own middleware, compatible
with all IP set top boxes. Back end billing software
geared to work in the IP assets environment in order to
provide proper consumer profiling. Spark also negotiated
a large amount of content licensing agreements with
major content producers.

Spark has just reach agreement of supplying to supply
its product offering to over 8000 residents in Nevada.
Fiber agreements have been signed with over 12
regional and long haul carriers in all areas of the United
States.

With A Little Help From Our Friends

Spark owes a debt of gratitude to Sun Microsystems,
Kasenna, Harmonic Divicom, Pace Micro and AT&T, all
who have supported Spark's efforts from day one.
Without the participation of these companies, this
pioneering venture would not have been possible. We
thank them deeply.

Spark looks forward to the next year. It anticipates
that it will have over ten thousand subscribers by the
end of 2003. The future is bright.

About Spark

Spark is an Indiana based company based in Greenwood
Indiana. For the past four years the principals of Spark
have been compiling applications to work in a totally IP
environment. The services we currently offer are cable
TV, video on demand, music on demand, games on
demand and high speed internet. Spark is privately
owned.

Company Website: http://www.sparkinteract.com

Spark Press Contact:
William Dever
CEO

email: bill at sparkinteract.com
voice: 317 883 1963

Spark and subsequent imagery are all trademarks of
Spark Interactive Corporation. Contents are copyright
2002.

This email was sent to samba at samba.org,
 by www.sparkinteract.com.

Edit your interests
http://ccprod.roving.com/roving/d.jsp?p=oo&m=1010997098260&ea=samba@samba.org

or remove your email address with SafeUnsubscribe(TM)
http://ccprod.roving.com/roving/d.jsp?p=un&m=1010997098260&ea=samba@samba.org

View our privacy policy: http://ccprod.roving.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp