[Samba] adding users question

Jack Malone jmalone at horizonind.com
Mon Nov 18 16:33:01 GMT 2002

I'm in process of configuring a server here at work with 8.1 an plan to use
samba on it also. I'm going to use it mainly at a printer server to relieve
some stress on my main file/server with suse 8.0 an samba. I'm setup on
that old server as a workgroup with samba, do not want to mess with domain
at this point. not gotten it to work in past an not had time to play with
it much of late. I want to be able to transfer users from the other server
over to the new one an have samba users have the same access as on the
other server. It would be nice to not have to type in all the users again
on the new server. thanks.
The new suse 8.1 server is using samba 2.2.5 an the old one is still on
2.2.3a.

jack malone
Network Administrator
EAST TEXAS LIGHTHOUSE FOR THE BLIND