[Samba] nobody can answer this question?It's very important for me.

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Mon Nov 18 16:13:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 11:15:16PM +0800, Brad Ching wrote:
> First,thank you reply.
> I use redhat7.2 operating system on samba host,and windows client os is
> win98.
> We have 400 computer on my company.I think have less than 100 pc use server
> program at same time.

At out company server i've 15 connections (15 smbd's) which uses aprox 1.3-1.5
MByte RAM per connection.

You need at least 256 MB RAM (100*1,5=150MB) in your Server, and activated swap space
(RAM * 2.1= 256*2.1=537.6MB).

> I'm sorry i didn't tell you samba version because i am stay in home now.

Take the newest you can get, because often there a problems with old bugs.

Where are you read this message? In the samba log files and/or syslog?
What info you get from smbstatus?

> > > anything,but you can only use command 'ps -A ' find smbd process and use
> > > command ' kiss -9 <ID number>',next you can use all.So i think maybe smbd
> > > process too many open and didn't have any good idea for this.

No available hostmemory, really to much open files. But i don't think that you
have too many open files, or you/the distri have set ulimits.

What's with systemwide ulimits? As root type "umlimit". The answer of out
company server is "unlimited".

> > >      Anybody know this and have a good idea,pls tell me.Thanks very much.
> > >      Bye the way, i want to know how many samba connect when i start smaba
> > > service?

Give smbstatus a chance ;-)

Let us know how you solve this problem.

Frank.
--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de