[Samba] nobody can answer this question?It's very important for me.

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Mon Nov 18 15:00:01 GMT 2002

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 10:42:53PM +0800, Brad Ching wrote:
> Dear all:
>      When i use samba share file and program, i find always have a error"Too
> many open files in system".Then you can not login as root,you can not do
> anything,but you can only use command 'ps -A ' find smbd process and use
> command ' kiss -9 <ID number>',next you can use all.So i think maybe smbd
> process too many open and didn't have any good idea for this.
>      Anybody know this and have a good idea,pls tell me.Thanks very much.
>      Bye the way, i want to know how many samba connect when i start smaba
> service?

Which operating system on samba host?
Which windows client os?
Which exact samba version? ("smbstatus")

My crystal ball is currently out order ;-)

--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de