[Samba] messanger service

Darko Nikolovski darkon at npk.com.mk
Mon Nov 18 12:53:00 GMT 2002

Hi to all,
I'm a new member of this list, and i wannt to ask you for a problem i
have configuring samba.

I work for a company that uses a windows domain, and windows clients for
their networ.

I try to promote linux for a gut substitute for the expencive  windows
OS, and have made a couple of abckup servers, a intranet web server,
mail server and a proxy server based on Linux and everything works
perfect. Also me and couple of my coleguses are usin liinuxx now for our
workstations, but we have a couple of problems incorporating in the
windows controled network domain for file sharing. I have succesfouly
raised a samba server on my workstation and joined the domain, (security
= domain), however whenever a domain user tries to conect to my Linux
Box on a samba share they are denied access. If there is a local user on
my box with the same username and pass they use for joining the domain,
then they are alowed to acess my shares. why? is there a easy wat to
allow all domain users to access a certain share?!?

The second question i want to ask is abbout the windows messanger
service. when i post a message with smbclient -M option the message is
recieved on the windows workstation, but whenever someone sends a net
send message to me they recive an error. Has any one had a simmilar
ishue like this?