[Samba] Roaming profiles on WinXP SP1 and samba....

Hamish Whittal hamish at QEDux.co.za
Mon Nov 18 10:47:23 GMT 2002

Hi Everyone,

I have read as much as I can find about this subject and still am no
closer to understanding why my roaming profiles are not working
correctly.
I have an existing Samba server with RP working. Now I need to move this
to new server due to HW failure on original server.

Configs almost identical. Profiles now reside on a different partition,
but I' ve told samba where to find them.

User logs on, and it all look hunky, till they try to change any
settings in their start bar, retrieve their mail with their original
email setting, etc. Then nothing works. e.g. I change their desktop to
reflect the winXP look/feel. When I log out, it returns to the original
setup.

Can anybody point me to additional resources or give the 123 on how
these profiles things are supposed to work.
Cheers in advance.

Hamish