R: [Samba] 3rd POSTING: winbind mixcase DOMAIN+username???

Gianluigi Gianluigi
Mon Nov 18 10:38:01 GMT 2002

Hallo Andrew,
thanks for the answer (for the hints in particular, I'm new on samba mailing
list), I'm working on a fax server based on the original implamentation of
Pedro Fraile you can read all the particular here:

http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue79/fraile.html

The goal of "my" fax server implementation:
Users authentication via samba/winbind/pam
Automatic creation of the mailbox for the users of the domain (only for
internal use with smbfax... because for corporete directive I can't connect
sendmail to our exchange server! Then now I have
WIN2KDOMAIN-USERNAME at faxserver.domain.it);
Hylafax runs fine via command line (send-receive) and also for the incoming
fax that are routed on the mailbox of the users configured in FaxDispatch as
attached in PDF format;

To send the fax I would use "smbfax" here a description of this software as
described by the autor Craig Kelley:
<<Allows users to "print" a document to a network printer. The Samba server
then sends the document to smbfax, which prepares it (MyNOTE: smbfax create
2 files one of this its a temporary with .dat extension) and sends an e-mail
to the owner inviting to complete the fax via a web interface. The user then
clicks on the provided link, fills in the fax information (recipient,
comment, coverpage options, etc.) and clicks on the "send" button.>>

So I have created the printer "fax" as described in smbfax (plus with auto
download
and installation of the driver on the clients), then I can "print" the
fax, I receive the message in the mailbox with the subject "complete your
fax",
follow the link and...

 Now my problem!

Everytime the page with the form doesn't
appear, but I received a webpage with this message: "Server Error!
WIN2KDOMAINXUSERNAME1511nXnVPc.dat not owned by WIN2KDOMAIN-USERNAME"!!!

I have checked that the right permissions are sets on the file
"WIN2KDOMAINXUSERNAME1511nXnVPc.dat" but seems that the error is generated
because in fact the user "WIN2KDOMAIN-username" have the Ownership of rwx on
the temporary file and not the user "WIN2KDOMAIN-USERNAME"!!!

Actually I have perl 5.6.1 installed... and this is the error log of apache:

[Fri Nov  8 11:22:54 2002] [notice] Apache/1.3.23 (Unix) PHP/4.1.0
mod_perl/1.26 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Fri Nov  8 11:22:54 2002] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper:
/usr/sbin/suexec)
[Fri Nov  8 11:22:54 2002] [notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default: sysvsem)
[Fri Nov  8 11:23:46 2002] smbfax-html.pl:
WIN2KDOMAINXUSERNAME1511nXnVPc.dat not owned by WIN2KDOMAIN-USERNAME

My linux distribution is a SuSE 8.0 with Samba 2.2.5

Please notice that I have exposed the problem to Mr. Kelley (autor of
smbfax) and to Mr. Fraille (autor of the article on Linux Gazette), both 2
are very kind... Mr. Kelley suggest me to investigate on the winbind and Mr.
Fraille (that runs into the same problem but solved it!) suggest me to add
this line in smbfax-html.pl (that is the script that create the 2 files
described up...) but seems that on my system all is ignored (why?):

sub file_owner {

   my $file = shift;

   my @statent = stat($file) or return undef;
   my @pwent = getpwuid($statent[4]);
   # Put username in uppercase
   $pwent[0] =~ tr/[a-z]ñ/[A-Z]Ñ/;
   return $pwent[0];
}

Sorry for the long mail, but its necessary to better explain my problem, the
last step in the configuration of "my" fax server...

Thanks always,
						Gianluigi