[Samba] THIRD POST: Samba Authentication Issue

Roman Sidler roman.r.sidler at ascom.ch
Mon Nov 18 08:28:01 GMT 2002

Hi Samba List,

We are using samba since many years in our Solaris environment.
I have got a question concerning the authentication:
We are building up new branch offices. Every branch office is
connected thru a vpn link to our main company. The people
in the branch offices have got a samba file server to work with.
The authetication is realised with Microsoft Active Directory,
which is installed in our main office (server).
How can I make sure that the authentication is still working if
the VPN Link is down (authentication has to made on the
solaris samba server directly) ?????
Is there kind of failover function in samba (switch from domain
security to user security mode??

Thanks very much for you answer.

Regards,
Roman