[Samba] Users changing samba passwords directly from windowsclient

Michael michael at theasian.net
Mon Nov 18 06:44:01 GMT 2002

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply.
I supposed this would be the way to go with win98 clients.
But most of my users are using Windows NT4.0 SP6 and Windows 2000
Professional as clients.
With these clients, most of them enter as administrator account at their
workstation. The moment they attempt to connect to the shared Linux box, a
window will pop up and prompt for BOTH username and password. This username
and password does not necessarily correspond to the Windows username and
password, but is what was previously set up on the Linux box. In such
scenarios, how can we change the smb password?