[Samba] can't compile samba-2.2.6

Patchuco Philippe pchuco2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 03:27:01 GMT 2002

To whom it may concern, my name is Patrice .  I’m a
relatively newcomer to samba and Linux in general. I
have been trying to compile samba-2.2.6 on two
different distributions (Mandrake 9.0 and Redhat 7.3),
I have been getting the same error when I execute the
configure command(./configure –with-smbmout
–with-logfilebase=/var/log/samba –mandir=/usr/man).
The configure phase seems  well at the beginning but
it always end up with an error saying:”Checking for
test routine … Configure:error:can’t find test code
Aborting config”. I check the config.log file, it
seems the configure script aborts as soon as it tries
to execute the line:”${srcdir- .}/test/trivial.c”. I’m
at a lost, I don’t how to proceed with the building
process. I would welcome any suggestion from anyone.
Thank you.

Best regards,

Patrice