[Samba] Printing using smbclient

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sun Nov 17 18:39:00 GMT 2002

The command to print basically is:
cat file_already_formatted_for_your_printer | smbclient //server/printer -c 'print -'
You will have to include some stuff for passwords and all.
This can be made much more complicated, of course. You can set up a print
queue on your linux server which filters the file and then sends it to your
windows printer with the above command.
The biggest problem is getting a print filter for your printer which runs
under linux. What is the name and model of your printer. The best of all
worlds is that it is a postscript printer.
Joel