[Samba] Windows 98 cann't connect to

qlin qlin at san.rr.com
Sun Nov 17 09:05:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

I tried your suggestion (I assume the "server" = hostname, because there
is no server name defined in smb.conf), still can see the problem. This
time, I even could not see my linux box from Network Neighbor ?? (This
happened before, I was not always be able to see it. Windows seems to
update its cache each 10 minits which will erase any unaccessable
computer names, that may explain why when it first boot, I can see linux
box, even unaccessable, then it dispeared after a couple minits).

The smb.conf listed here shows those of uncomment outed. All the others
are as defaulted. Do you think this could be a samba configuration
problem or Win98's configuration problem? Every thing are worth to try.

Thank you for recommending Webmin, I may try it late.

Quan