[Samba] bind failed on port 139 socket_addr = 0.0.0.0.

Debian User punux at attbi.com
Sun Nov 17 00:07:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 01:54:20PM -0800, Debian User wrote:

>  Could this problem be related to password encryption?
>  My WinMe client cannot browse samba server.

okay - got it working.  But I must admit my problem solving was rather
non-linear...
 by that I mean that I just experimented and entered \\192.169.0.1 on
 the winMe client's browser - and sure enough - everything came up.

 So.. I edited the c:\windows\lmhost file to include the server's IP
 address and name.... and now everything is back to "normal".

I noticed that my logfiles still give the same 'bind' error problem as
well as:
[2002/11/16 15:53:16, 0] passdb/pdb_smbpasswd.c:pdb_getsampwnam(1367)
  unable to open passdb database.

despite these error messages - things seem to be working okay... but
just for how long - I don't know.
... Afterall - everything was working well (without the edited LMhost
file) previously then - poof - my samba connectivity turned to crap.

So now things are working - but I can't help but feel like I'm walking
on eggshells since I've been burned once already...

anyone else have this problem with Debian-Samba box?