[Samba] samba and automount

Trey Nolen tnolen at internetpro.net
Sat Nov 16 16:11:00 GMT 2002

I'm running Samba with automount to automatically mount CDs in a server.
These CDs need to be changed periodically, so I wanted to use automount so
that they could be changed by the users fairly easily.  We use logon scripts
to map the CDs to drive letters when users logon.  Unfortunately, it seems
that having a drive mapped is treated like the drive is being used, so as
long as there is someone logged into the system, automount will not unmount
the drive.  The only way we can change the CDs is to have everyone log out,
wait for the timeout (or unmount it manually), change the CDs and have
everyone log back in.  Does anyone have a better way (one that will work)?

Trey Nolen