[Samba] Re: Samba PDC.... no mapping between account names and security IDs was done

Stephen Anthony Jackson sjafr99 at student.vxu.se
Sat Nov 16 12:25:01 GMT 2002

Yes I know... you will all say... asked and answered.... but this is
ridiculous... I still cannot add my win 2k wks to my Samba domain...

I have created the machine account, and the root account in smbpasswd.... I
have checked and they DO exist... I am running Samba 2.2.6-1, the build
which many on these lists claim to fix this win2k problem.... but as of
yet... no luck...

here is my smb.conf if anyone can find a problem in it

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from duar (127.0.0.1)
# Date: 2002/11/16 11:58:30

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = KRONOS
	netbios name = DUAR
	netbios aliases = DUAR
	server string =
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	update encrypted = Yes
	pam password change = Yes
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
	passwd chat debug = Yes
	username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
	unix password sync = Yes
	admin log = Yes