FW: [Samba] Odd Service Outages

Scott Moseman smoseman at novolink.net
Fri Nov 15 22:07:00 GMT 2002

Ok, I have narrowed down the possible problem.

 "net view \\servername" usually fails
 "net view \\10.10.10.1" works every time

So I assume there is a DNS and/or WINS problem.
But how do I narrow that down now?  I can do a
ping/nslookup on the "servername", no problems.

We are in a workgroup environment, all using the
same workgroup name, and there is no WINS server.

Thanks,
Scott Moseman