[Samba] What can we do to help?

Ben Shelton bshelton at dhiac.com
Fri Nov 15 20:59:00 GMT 2002

I tried to send this from our e-mail server but it was rejected by your system.

First we wish to thank everyone at 'samba' for working so hard to produce a great package. It has proven invaluable to our business.

I was checking for downloads and updates on your web site today and notice you did not have any one helping support or provide binaries for AIX systems.

We are a Solaris, AIX, Informix and Novel shop and if I can help with providing some binaries or what ever for AIX I am willing to try. After all we owe you and the samba community for helping us support our users.

I also have some old RISC systems not in use and could set one up just for samba to use for testing or what ever you need.  These are the old 7012 desktop single processor systems running AIX 4.3.3 and I guess I could install  AIX 5 on one. I also have a 59H and an R-40 just collecting dust. We replaced all our IBM RISC systems with new 7026 B-80s.

We use the IBM AIX optimized version 5 'C' compiler but I do have the older versions if needed. I am not at this time using any GNU compilers for AIX.

If I can be of some help or there is something specific you need please feel free to drop me an e-mail or call I will try to help.

Thanks again,

Ben Shelton
UNIX System Administrator
(770) 831-3432