[Samba] FW: How to configure Unix file mode on NT/2000 file transfer

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Fri Nov 15 15:22:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 09:56:49AM -0500, Tom Hoth wrote:

> I could not find this in the list...
>
> How can I configure Samba (I'm on 2.2) to automatically strip those pesky ^M
> character (DOS newline) when I share a Unix/Solaris slice to NT.   I'd like
> to be able to copy files back and forth and not have to edit the files and
> strip out the control-M characters in my files on Unix.

This isn't the job of a fileservice like samba. This is a job of applications
to handle filecontents.

> Any ideas?

Use e.g editor who are able to handle all linebreak styles.

PS: Told your Outlook to break lines at least at 78 char. Your message was 286
    chars long - nearly unreadable..
--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de